Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Stupid first blog post :/

Dear People of the World,
In the past, blogging has come very easily to me.  I can write all sorts of useless things about my life and post them on the internet without a second thought.  I can even convince myself that people are actually reading my blog, despite my pathetic list of followers, so I feel like I have some use in the internet community.

But there is one thing I am not good at, and that is this -- the first post on a blog.  I mean, what am I even supposed to say?  I'm pretty lousy at introducing myself.... deep down I may be a bit interesting, but that's hard to put into words.  Here's an example:

Pretend it's the first day of school for the this paragraph please.
Teacher: "Let's go around the classroom and introduce ourselves.  Say your name and something about yourself."
Student 1: "My name is Mark, and I like football."
Student 2: "My name is Sally, and I like softball."
Student 3: "My name is Fred, and I like soccer."
Student 4: "My name is Kevin, and I like lacrosse."
Me: "My name is Laura, and.... umm.... umm.... ummm...."
(Somehow introducing yourself at school became the time to announce which sports you play.....)

I guess I'm just different from them.  So I will try to introduce myself, but no promises.  And if it doesn't sound all that good, then that's okay cause it's my blog and nobody's making you read it.

My name is Laura, and I'm 16 years old.  I'm a senior in high school.  When I was a young child, my parents decided that kindergarten was unnecessary so they put me in 1st grade instead, making me eternally younger than the other kids in my grade.  I live in a small city in Utah with my family.  I have 2 brothers and 2 sisters, who I may or may not tell you about in future posts.  I love reading and writing, and I hope to be a novelist someday.  I have the most amazing friends in the world, and I love them so much.  I love music and movies and just chilling.  Believe it or not, I like to study and do homework.  I'm a bit bossy and opinionated at times.  I was born to be clumsy, so I can't play any sports because they make me fall down.

And that's pretty much me.  But you will learn far more about me by reading actual posts and not stupid-first-post-intros like this.

Have the happiest day of your life!!
Love, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment