Monday, October 1, 2012

Being Real: Making Decisions to Change Your Life

 
 
I've been at a loss for words lately.
I haven't forgotten you; I go on my blog several times a day and try to write something, but for the past week nothing I write seems like the right thing to post so I just delete it.
 
My blog is usually me being silly or complaining or just having fun, but today I'm being real.
 
A million other people will tell you this, but I'll be a million and one.  Because I'm honestly learning this myself and it's great so I think you'd like it too.
 
 
You can change your life.
Nothing is permanent.
 
Each day you make thousands of decisions, and the life you currently lead is a compilation of those decisions.
If everything is always the same for you, it's because you choose for it to be the same.  And if that doesn't make you happy, you can choose for it to be different.
 
If you're unhappy with your life, you can make choices to change things.
Also, if you're happy with your life, poor choices can just as easily drag you down.
 
Lots of people have told me this before, and I've always sort of subconsciously thought, "Of course that's true for other people, but I can't change the situation I'm in.  I'm stuck with this forever."
And I'm sure there are lots of other people out there who feel the same way.
But the coolest part of all of this is that you are in control of nearly every aspect of your life!
 
I've been really unhappy recently.  But after I started catching on to this idea, I started making decisions to change my life.  I'm removing some of the bad things from my life, and changing perspectives on other things I thought were bad before.  I'm bringing in more good things and more things that make me happy.  This is really hard because I'm a VERY change-resistant person.  But nobody said it'd be easy.
 
If you're not happy with your life, then do something to change it. :)
 
 
That's me being real.
<3/Laura
 


1 comment:

  1. Love you being real!

    I have had to do this so many many times in my life. Dang, it is hard. Hahaha

    Let's hang soon!

    ReplyDelete