Thursday, March 1, 2012

Another teacher rant

I know that all ya'all are probably getting kind of sick of all this, what with Mrs. Satan and Mrs. Devilface.
But here's one more.
I would like to dedicate this post to a man who I will anonymously refer to as Mr. Lindner, (**cough cough Mr. Constantineau cough**) who is probably the one of the worst teachers I have ever had.


Now before I tell you about Mr. Lindner, I would like to explain something.
At this point, you probably thought you were seeing a pattern; i.e. Mrs. Satan and Mrs. Devilface.  So right now you're probably saying to yourself, "Mr. Lindner?  I fail to see how that is derogatory."
In my Introduction to Literature class, we have this great book called How to Read Literature Like a Professor by Thomas C. Foster, which teaches you all sorts of useful insights about interpreting symbolism in literature.
And a direct quote from this book goes as follows:
"Mr. Lindner is the devil."
(This is discussing Lorraine Hansberry's play, A Raisin in the Sun.)
So there it is: words from an expert.


So Mr. Lindner and I do not see eye to eye.
And I quite dislike him.
That's okay, because he's not to fond of me either.
At least I'm not fat. :)
(sucks to be him)

Make today fantastic.
Love, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment