Thursday, February 23, 2012

Green Eggs and Ham FAKE!!!!

I went to Walmart today because I felt inspired to buy some Dr. Seuss books.
There's a bunch of them on sale, probably in honor of Dr. Seuss's birthday, which is March 2nd.
So I bought Dr. Seuss's ABC, One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish, and Green Eggs and Ham.
But when I came home, I looked inside Green Eggs and Ham and found something TERRIBLY wrong with it.

Here's what the cover looks like:



And here's what the inside looked like:



Yeah, that's not Green Eggs and Ham!!
That's Go Dog Go.  (by the way, Go Dog Go is NOT a Dr. Seuss book.  Everyone thinks it is, but it's not.  It's written by P.D. Eastman, who I'm sure is wonderful but is not nearly as amazing or talented as Dr. Seuss.)
They put the wrong book in such a lovely cover.  (I do not like that, Sam I am!)
Fortunately, I kept my receipt.
So tomorrow I will demand (or maybe request nicely) a new copy of Green Eggs and Ham.
Until then, Go Dog Go is hidden from my angry scowls in the bottom of my sock drawer.

Have a green eggs and ham day.

Love, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment