Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Reasons why LJ's a fail: Gym edition

January is almost done, so it's safe to say that most people have pretty much given up on their new years resolutions.  I wish I were so lucky....

Here's the thing.. I resolved to go to the gym more often in.. um like.. early November.  So this doesn't count as a regular new years fail -- it's far worse.  And starting then I began setting my alarms for 4:30 AM in hopes of going to the gym in the morning.

I've been to the gym twice since then.  Twice.
Wow.

The first time I went was very un-fun, so for the next few days I made up excuses to not go.  For example: "my gym clothes are dirty," "I can't find a sports bra," "I need to save my energy for my epic work shift tonight," "I haven't shaved my legs," and a bunch of others.
And after a few days I completely forgot the combination to my new lock, so I didn't go for a long time.

Eventually I bought a new lock and went again, and that was like a week ago.

Today I am finally going again!!!!  But of course this involves its own fair share of LJ fails.  Here they are:::

1. I keep being dang proud of myself for getting up so early to go run.  Except that I didn't.  Really I stayed up all night and listened to music and watched the new Footloose and Charlieissocoollike.  I did try to go to sleep for, um, like 45 minutes in there somewhere but that got boring.  So now I've condemned myself to a horrid day of grouchy tiredness and caffeine pills.

2. Remember that new lock I bought?  Well I lost it.  I spent the last half hour looking for it (it turned out to be hiding in the back seat of my car) and then I realized that I forgot the combination to this lock too!!!!  Except that I remembered the first and last numbers.. I just forgot the middle one.  So I sat here for a while like an idiot trying lots of possible middle numbers until I figured it out.  Stupid lock.

3. I'm also failing at going to the gym because I let myself sit down on my cozy bed and write on my blog instead of getting dressed and heading down there to run.  So now I don't want to get up.  And if I don't get up soon then I'll fall asleep or convince myself to watch Napoleon Dynamite instead of going to the gym.  So I'm gonna go.

I hope that my failures make you feel better about keeping/not keeping your new years resolutions. :)
Have a super fun day.
<3/Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment