Tuesday, February 7, 2012

How I ended up driving home with no shirt

Here is the story of how I died.
Okay, I didn't really die, but it was pretty close.
Here goes:

So I realized the other day that the deadline for University of Utah scholarships was the day after that one.  (did that make sense??)  So I freaked out and began viciously gathering scholarship material together.  It was quite dreadful.  Then the next day I sluffed school and drove all the stuff to Salt Lake City to turn it in, because the mail couldn't get it there on time.  The University of Utah campus is EXTREMELY confusing to blondies like me, so I got really lost and pretty much drove in circles for hours.  Sucks, right?

But guess what.  I've done this before.  In December, I realized that my Regent's Scholarship paperwork was due in 2 days, so I did pretty much exactly the same thing that I did a few days ago.

I get stressed out really easily, so it's not a good idea for me to procrastinate.  But I do anyway, quite a lot actually.  I ought to hire someone to smack me upside the head every time I want to procrastinate.

Well I didn't die.  At least not yet.  But they say unstressed people live longer than stressed people.  So perhaps I decreased my life span and I just don't know it.

Have an excellent day, and don't put off doing important things like taxes or sleeping or scholarship paperwork.

Love, Laura

P.S.
Does anyone else put off sleeping?  I think that most people put off other stuff so they can sleep, but I usually put off sleeping so I can do other stuff.  I'm just like, "Mehh, I'll find time to sleep some other day.  Homework is better."

No comments:

Post a Comment