Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Insurance deductibles??

Here's a question for you:

Which of the following would be considered a high deductible?
A. $100
B. $250
C. $1000
D. $1500


If you said D, then you are ABSOLUTELY LOGICAL but apparently ABSOLUTELY WRONG!!!!

Here's what happened.
I have this other teacher, who we're gonna call Mrs. Devilface.  **cough cough Mrs. McKee cough**  Mrs. Devilface teaches my financial literacy class, wherein I sit next to those stupid volleyball girls.  So over the last couple days we've learned a bunch of stuff about insurance; ie, what it is and why it's important to have it.

So today I was taking my test on insurance and I got this question.  Mrs. Devilface says that the correct answer is C, but here is my reasoning.
Sure, $1000 is a high deductible.  And if I were looking at potential insurance policies and I saw one had a $1000 deductible, I would say "Wow, I consider that to be a high deductible."  But if I saw one that had a $1500 deductible, I would say "Mercy, that is a freaking high deductible!!  Do these people think I have $1500 dollars to dish over every time I scrape the paint on my car?!?"
Because $1500 is OBVIOUSLY what would be considered a high deductible out of those answer choices!!

But honestly, I wish they had like $10 deductibles or something.  So personally I consider all of those choices to be high deductibles.

I just might go talk to the pricipal or something.  Some of you non-nerds may make fun of me for being a whiner-baby, but I want those 5 points.

Have a good day.  Buy insurance, cause it's worth it.  (unless you have a $1500 deductible and a $1499 crash)
Love, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment