Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Optimism and awesomeness

Hey blog readers,

Do something awesome today.
I'm gonna do something awesome today, but my awesome thing is secret for the time being.  If all goes well, I'll tell you about it someday.

Really you should do something awesome every day, becuase it is YOU AND ONLY YOU who has the power to make each day awesome.  Of course there are losers who will try their darndest to make your day not awesome by cutting you off in traffic or yelling at you or invading your personal space, but you don't have to let them ruin your awesomeness.

That's the optimistic speech of the day.  Because my awesome but secret thing that I'm going to do may or may not be somewhat crazy.. I honestly don't know.  But typing all that made me feel quite better and it took away that impending doom feeling that you get occasionally.  I'm trying to be happier with my life, thanks to Lindsay from BC Domino's and all the other great people in my life.  Optimism is honestly really hard for me.

Here is a quote for you:

"If an optimist had his left arm chewed off by an alligator, he might say in a pleasant and hopeful voice, "Well this isn't too bad; I don't have my left arm anymore but at least nobody will ever ask me if I'm left-handed or right-handed." but most of us would say something more along the lines of "Aaaaa!  My arm!  My arm!" - Lemony Snicket

I think I'm gonna go do that secret awesome thing.
Have an awesome and happy day.
<3/Laura

1 comment:

  1. I would love to know this secret awesome thing! And I love the new tone of your blog, too. Anywho, the pirate story a few blog posts up was funny!! :D

    --Mariah

    ReplyDelete